toomanywhatifs

Friday, November 11, 2005

I fell asleep in front of the fire last night

Whatif I’m the worst housekeeper ever? This morning I woke up to…where shall I start?

  • An overflowing garbage can in the bathroom.
  • A box of miscellaneous wedding leftovers (not food, yuck! Just streamers, and raffia and stuff, sheesh…) I found in the trunk of my car the other day, in the hall.
  • A dusty dining room table. (Nothing new there) and 3 jars of old smelly dead flowers from the wedding.
  • A sink full of clean dishes, which prevents me from washing the counters full of dirty dishes amply spread about the entire counter along with unread magazines, cookbooks, bread crumbs, used tea bags, empty shopping bags. Also two overflowing garbage cans and several dishes on the floor that the cat licked out last night.
  • A quick scan around the living room reveals 12 wilting plants, a half eaten bag of chips, more magazines, assorted cups and bowls, throw blankets on the floor and the ever present balls of fluffy cat hair in the corners…oh yeah…and dust.
  • The front entry? The nonperishable groceries I bought yesterday, pulled halfway out of their bags (to make sure they were nonperishable). The “new” pair of jeans and couple of sweaters (half pulled out of their bags…we’re not sure why…) I got at “the Village”. Dust…balls of fluff. Oh yeah…and a pile of smelly chicken packing clothes that don’t dare set foot in the bedroom.
  • My office desk has about 20 square inches of clear space, cleverly dispersed across the desk to create the illusion of productivity. Kerry’s desk? Same story, since it’s me that “cleans” it. An empty bag formerly full of cat food, an empty box. About a pound of sand, gravel, straw, cat hair, and chicken poo carefully mashed into my back door mat. Dirty winter boots, flip flops, fancy wedding shoes, sneakers (I would say running shoes…but none of us run…) a bag of new winter mitts (cause I can never find the ones we used last year…where do they go anyway? Maybe in the closet…shudder…). Some clippers for pruning trees…you never know when you’ll need those again…and an extension cord that the dog chewed through. A grocery bag full of tea light candles…from…the wedding!

Explain to me why I’m blogging?? Ask me if I got it cleaned up.

5 Comments:

  • You are blogging because you, like me, need to know that you have a mind, and that you are more than just a housemaid, that you have some sort of creative value in this world beyond dusting it.

    Dust. The Bible says we came from dust. Who are we to brush it away? That's sacred stuff!! Better to leave it where it is, I say.

    By Blogger Paula, at 11:18 AM  

  • Maybe you should invite people over, then you would have a reason to clean! If you are like me, then you need a good reason to actually do something productive. I don't need a reason to waste my time.... that comes pretty naturally.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • Wow, its nice to be reminded of "home" when I'm here at work.Thanx.
    Same scenario...different address.

    By Blogger Spoke, at 3:10 PM  

  • flylady.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

  • dear anonymous,
    Is your name Connie??
    Welcome to the blog my friend

    By Blogger toomanywhatifs, at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home