toomanywhatifs

Monday, December 15, 2008

why not?

I was recently asking about a relative of a friend of mine who was recently diagnosed with cancer. I asked how the family is doing, how they are handling the news, etc.

The response to the question was that they are doing fairly well. The attitude of the sick person instead of the common "Why me?", was "why NOT me? Why someone else, and NOT me?" The instant response of those around me was, 'well, what a good attitude...very good....why NOT me?"

The Spirit inside of me was crying out, practically screaming out "BECAUSE YOU ARE COVERED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS!!!!! HIS BLOOD WAS SHED FOR YOU!!!! THAT'S WHY NOT!!!!" But my mouth remained firmly closed...

1 Comments:

  • I sensed your dismay but I hold to the belief that God allows all things into our lives and we can trust Him with our body, with illness, with healing. Why not me?
    I still can not see where we as followers of Jesus are exempt from sickness and ultimately physical death.
    Thank you for accepting me even if we disagree! I believe you do!

    By Blogger Grandma K, at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home