toomanywhatifs

Thursday, January 26, 2006

a thief in the night...

I glanced out the window this morning and in a instant...in less than a heartbeat...I said "really Jesus? Today??" My face smiled, my heart fluttered, my Spirit lifted, in a fraction of a second. What did I see out the window?? The light was funny in the clouds...I didn't even stop and stare, just kept on walking through the room. I was amazed at how quickly something so simple, so ordinary, could transform just about every aspect of my life. I hadn't been thinking about "the return of Christ", I'm certainly not here pining away, stoking off the days until he comes. Life is good! I'm not looking to get out of it. But clearly this expectation, this anticipation, this sense of "Whoohoo!! He's here!" is not buried very deep in the layers of my psychy...all it takes is an anusual looking cloud and the blink of an eye!

"like a thief in the night, like a runaway train,
like a first class, lightning fast hurricane,
I'll keep my ears to the ground
and my eyes to the sky...
I'm ready now
but somehow,
I know you'll take me by
surprise!"
(some song by some chick with a really cool voice and a pretty good band)

2 Comments:

  • Google is awesome, here are the lyrics http://www.christian-lyrics.net/artist/joy-williams/track/by-surprise

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 PM  

  • Wouldn't it have been cool if He came back right before all the cast votes were counted?

    By Blogger Spoke, at 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home