toomanywhatifs

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Just to be clear...

I struggled with the last post, wondering whether to include the 6th paragraph. I nearly went back after posting to delete it, particularly the line "I have sensed that there are those who feel that we don't need the 'power' of the Spirit, as long as we have good theology, good seed." The thing is that I don't know anyone that would actually say this, but I sense it just the same. I think it's a matter of definition, of preconceived ideas, of assumptions. I have yet to speak to anyone about the 'power' of the Spirit, that doesn't have his/her own idea of what they think I am talking about. Some people seem to understand and we talk easily. With others I am left puzzled, sometimes grieved at what they think I mean. I seem to be unable to communicate, to these, what I actually mean. I find myself trying to retract what I said in order to back up from what they think I mean. Can't say that I blame them for not understanding, as, I find myself unable to describe it to my own satisfaction, let alone anyone else's. A friend of mine often says, "I know what I'm saying, but I don't know what you're hearing." In this case, I'm not entirely sure that I even know what I'm saying...

2 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing that saying of your friend's - I like it, but I like you often don't know what I'm saying.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  

  • Spirituality can be so hard to verbalize. It's easier to quote chapter and verse than express our innermost relationship with Jesus.I understand your difficulty.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home