toomanywhatifs

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Some questions to ponder

1. Do I believe that the name of God reveals his heart, his character, his nature, and his will??

Example: God’s name is Redeemer: therefore it is in his heart, it is his character, it is his nature, and it is his WILL to redeem….ALWAYS.

Example two: God’s name is Healer: therefore it is in his heart, it is his character, it is his nature, and it is his WILL to heal….ALWAYS.

If one is true, then the other must be true as well. Is it ever God’s will, character, nature and will NOT to Redeem??

2. Do I believe that the word saved is SOZO, which means saved, redeemed, rescued, preserved, made to do well, healed, delivered, protected, made whole?

3. Do I believe that grace is not a warm fuzzy feeling I get when God ‘overlooks’ my sin, but rather is God’s strength and ability to do, in me, what I am unable to do in my own ability? Ie. Make me righteous, and holy and blameless? God did not, has never, and never will ‘overlook’ my sin. Each and every one of my sins has been paid for by his Son, Jesus Christ.

That said… do I believe that I need to confess my sin? If Jesus has already paid for my sin, and God has already forgiven my sin…then do I still need to confess my sin??

Let me ask it a different way? Do I believe that sin has the power to keep me in bondage, even after I have accepted God’s gift of salvation? Well, my answer is a solid, Yes, and NO! That’s decisive… I don’t believe it actually HAS the power, because we died to sin, according to the word of God. I believe I choose the sin again, through my unbelief, or my wrong belief, and end up again, in bondage.

I choose it for one of two reasons. One, because I believe it is powerful, and I have no power to overcome it, I feel it is inevitable. A defeatist attitude, and a wrong belief. Two, because I want to, because I don’t believe it’s bad, or harmful, or addictive, or wrong, and besides…nobody’s perfect. A rebellious attitude. I will not be delivered of this sin until I ‘come into agreement’ with God about it. When I come into agreement with God, I am confessing that I have been wrong all along, and He has been right. I have repented, I have changed my thinking. My forgiveness occurred at salvation, but my deliverance occurs at my repentance.

So the question remains, do I need to confess my sin? Only if I want to be free of it…. Question is…do I want to be free of the sin, or only of the consequences of the sin? The consequences of sin are many and varied. I know people who pray and pray and pray for their marriage to be healed and restored, all the while never coming into agreement with God about the sin that is causing the tension in the marriage. I want to keep the sin, and lose the consequence. What do you think God should do with this? Will he heal the marriage and leave the sin? Will that same sin not have them in the same horrible place again in a matter of days??

Many people are not delivered of sin, nor of the consequences of sin because they have never come into agreement with God, they have never repented, they have never confessed. They have prayed and prayed about the consequences… More than likely they have come to the (false) conclusion that God does not answer prayer, that God does not care, that somehow, for some mysterious and unknown reason, it is God’s will that there be strife in this home. They will have to learn to live with it.

Jesus’ name is the “Prince of Peace.” Can we believe that it is God’s will to have strife, or is it His will that there be Peace in the home, ALWAYS?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home